Monday, April 19, 2010

No baby yet again...

I had serious contractions all weekend, everytime I got up to do any sort of activity, I feel them. But I'm taking benedryl at night and that stops them. Of course, at this point, I don't want to stop them, but don't want to go into the hospital and have them send me home again either... so I'm perplexed as to how to proceed. I'm going to call my midwife later on this morning and see what she wants me to do. I don't necessarily want to wear myself out trying to push myself into labor, but on the same hand, I don't want stop labor either. Am very frustrated, especially because I'm a planner and not being able to made hard core plans for child care is really difficult for me. I'm constantly trying to figure out what I'll do if I actually go into labor this afternoon or tonight or tomorrow - and the plans on who'll take what children for how long shift depending on what time it happens.

What I'd really like is to either stop having contractions altogether, or have the contractions actually get really hard or my water to break - I'm living in this odd sort of netherworld, where I'm not not in labor, but not in labor either and it's making me just a little bit crazy.

But moving along... I'm home today, with just my two, and am planning on taking them out on their bikes later on. It's too nice NOT to go outside, but again, I'm leery about going too far because too much activity definitely starts the contractions. Every other day this week, I'm scheduled to babysit, which is great, because it's extra money, but complicated because I have the added stress of feeling like when I do have the baby, I'm going to inconvenience a lot of people.

1 comment:

JoEllen said...

not only is it frustrating, i would imagine that this is getting pretty durn exhausting as well. i've been thinking of you!