Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stuffed animals

I've got several thousand. All of them were gifts, and all of them were loved intensely, but briefly. And they're taking up a ton of space and never get played with. But I can't quite bring myself to get rid of them. Even though I KNOW I should. Even though I KNOW that I have NO space in this tiny little apartment and can't afford to sacrifice space that could be put to better use by keeping a ginormous box of stuffed animals that never get touched.

I'm trying to talk myself into it, but it's hard because they were all gifts, and they were all passionately loved for at least a little bit. I should limit it to five or six per kid, and get rid of the rest, right? Especially because I've got a new baby, and she's going to be collecting her own stash of them soon enough.

No comments: