Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All is well in my world

Kids are still sick, Sam's fever is gone, and it's morphed into just a yucky, yucky cold. He seems happier, his voice is still scratchy and he's got a runny nose and a cough, but we're definitely getting better. Jess seemed better yesterday, but threw up all over her bed last night, so she's home again today. She's been bouncing around the house all day, so we're going to dance class this afternoon and she's definitely going back to school tomorrow. So far, Marc and I are both fine - I almost never get sick when the kids are, but Marc's prone to coming down with whatever they've got, so send some positive immunity vibes his way.

(Baby just gave a ginormous kick - apparently, she'd like to be included in the update ;-)

The pregnancy is whipping right along. I'm just saying that, it's actually crawling by - in fact, it doesn't feel like time is moving at all, as far as that's concerned. I'm going to be thirty something weeks pregnant for the rest of my life, I'm pretty sure. I've got all the usual aches and pains and complaints, and as usual, the only perk is that she's really, really active. In fact, one of my favorite activities is to lay on my bed by myself and watch her roll around. It's freaky :-) I'm also starting to panic, just a little, about labor. There's no way out of it, I'm going to have to have her at some point, and really, really didn't enjoy the last labor. Love my Samilicious and seeing him was magical and perfect - but leading up to it was horrible. In fact, it was probably some of the worst hours of my life - and to be perfectly honest, I'm terrified of doing it again.

Spring is definitely on it's way in - it's been beautiful outside for the past several days. Of course, I've been quarantined with the kids, so most of my appreciating of it has been done from the window, but it still counts. I can't see the buds on the trees yet, but we're supposed to get a ton of rain soon and hopefully that'll green everything up.

I'm planning on taking the afternoon off every weekend. Either Saturday or Sunday, just disappearing for a while. Even if it's just to the library or to get a decaf latte and sit in the car and read by myself. I'm working with Marc and the kids to make sure that my leaving doesn't result in Armageddon the way it has the past couple of weekends, but I think we'll be okay. They don't need to keep the house perfect, just not destroy it. My standards are appallingly low, I feel, which is why I don't see why this is such an issue. But we'll see how it goes this weekend. It's occurring to me that I've only got about six or seven more weeks when I can do this without having to haul an infant with me, so I might as well enjoy it now.

No comments: