Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mom

Jess and I went out to the library last night. We purposely split the kids up, Marc stayed home for quality time with the boy and I took my girl to the library. So we're driving along and Jessie told me that she doesn't like to call me Mommy or Mama any more. "That's just for babies, I'm going to call you Mom. That's what the big kids do." And I literally had to catch my breath for a minute - and my eyes got a little misty, and I took a big breath and told her that I understood, but sometimes, could she just call me Mama once in a while, just so I could remember what it was like before she got to be such a big kid... I'm getting a little teary-eyed just remembering it - it all happens so damn fast. You get this perfect angel and then they start outgrowing you - way before you are ready for it.

No comments: