Thursday, April 28, 2011

Let's hear it for an unscheduled summer

My kids are not doing anything special this summer.  Jessica has attended JCC summer camp for the past two years, and the year before that, she went to gymnastics camp.  And this is the first year that Sam would be going anywhere (we started with Jessie the summer before kindergarten).  But we've decided that this year - we're going to give them a real summer.  Sleeping in, eating breakfast outside, playing all day at whatever their little hearts' desire.  Making forts, catching fireflies, exploring the world around us.  I want for them a glorious summer, filled with day trips to Boston and out to the western part of the state.  Three months when I don't have to get them up and dressed and out the door.  Life is short - let's enjoy this summer.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to June :-)

No comments: