Thursday, February 4, 2010

Branching out into alternative medicine

I'm going to start taking milk thistle and dandelion supplements for the itching. It was so awful last night (getting out of a medicated bath) that I sobbed all over Marc because I was so itchy and big and uncomfortable and yucky. Which reminds me - I have to say that my husband is AWESOME with moody, weepy women. He just is. My oldest stepdaughter is venturing into adolescence, and has had a couple of killer crying jags over here - and he's just as good with her as he is with me. When I'm completely irrational (because a woman who's seven months pregnant - and has only gained seven pounds total so far - really can't be FAT), he's calm and reassuring and will let me cry on his shoulder for as long as I need to.

Jessie has really been doing a lot too, she's grown up a lot in the past seven months or so. She takes care of me, is very concerned when I moan or groan, gets me drinks and does her best to help me thru this pregnancy.

And okay - the time has come for me to say it - pregnancy isn't fun. I love my babies, I love feeling the baby move, I love the smiles and the attention - but mostly, being pregnant is really freaking hard and I can't wait for it to be over. I want the baby. My theory is that you really only love your very first successful pregnancy. Because after that - you know that having the baby is so much more than being pregnant with the baby - and there's a lot of aches and pains and inconveniences and general not-fun-ness that goes along with carrying a child. Don't get me wrong - I'm aware of the blessing, I'm not blind to how easily I was able to get pregnant , and how lucky I am to be able to carry this child. But if I could fast forward thru the next 13 weeks or so, I'd love it.

No comments: